Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just thinking...

You know, as I was sorting mountains of laundry last night, it occurred to me how much I LOVE the mundane tasks of life. Once I give myself over to them (and that is sometimes a HUGE obstacle), they give me joy.

It is different joy, though, than the usual kind...it is more subdued...more joy via satisfaction of doing a job, getting it done, and checking it off of my long list...joy in thinking...I should have done this earlier--it wasn't so bad...joy in caring for my family...joy in "no clutter"...but mostly...joy that comes through thinking while I'm completing all of those tasks!



I love the time to just think.



I always thought that my best ideas usually come to me in the shower, but I've noticed that they also come to me when I'm taking the time to do all of the mundane trivialities of life...




So...thank you, dishes...

Love you, vacuuming...

My best to you, laundry...

You've got me

thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment